Project Reference: 542439-LLP-1-2013-1-MD-AJM-ICS
Title: Learning EU in Close-Up
Description: The International Relations Institute of Moldova and the Ministry of Education seek jointly to improve the situation regarding learning EU at school.
– development of the curriculum in learning EU at school from a European perspective, at the level of high school and initial vocational education in Moldova, by sharing and transferring of results and good practices of Spain and Romania, as EU-Moldova partnership agenda advances more rapidly than the school curriculum evolves; the current content unities of the curriculum on history do not include specifically EU integration and it is not allocated at least 1 hour on EU; EU issues are presented fragmentarily at history on topics about Europe and the world (i.e. international relations after the WWII, and economic development of world states) only in the 12th class (form).
– trained trainers in learning EU at school by European experts;
– organised exchange visit of experience in learning EU at several Romanian schools in Bihor county;
– trained high school and vocational education teachers in learning EU by trainers;
– provided workshops on learning EU by trainers team in Chisinau and regional high school and vocational education institutions;
– carried out research activities both by European experts and Moldovan professors to create, on the first stage, a new module in learning EU by shaping an up-dated curriculum on history for Moldovan high school and vocational education institutions; and, on the second stage, a new course curriculum in learning EU at school;
– organised information days concerning Europe Day in Moldovan high school and vocational education institutions;
– organised final conference on EU learning at school with action actors and beneficiaries to make publicly known the attained results.
– promoted European dimension in Moldovan high schools and vocational education institutions;
– shared European experience and results in learning EU at school for Moldovan high schools and vocational education institutions;
– transferred European good practices in learning EU at school in Moldovan high schools and vocational education institutions;
– disseminated added value knowledge on EU in Moldovan high schools and vocational education institutions;
– developed appropriate pedagogical content in learning EU at school in Moldovan high schools and vocational education institutions’
– developed strategy on learning EU at school in Eastern partnership countries from a European perspective.
– published guide to new approaches and methodologies in teaching-learning EU at school from a consolidated EU-Moldova partnership perspective to satisfy the demands of learners, policy-makers and society in general;
– created new module in learning EU within an up-dated curriculum on history in Moldovan high schools and vocational education institutions, followed-up by the course curriculum in learning EU;
– created National Centre in learning EU at school;
– procured books on EU integration for the National Centre in learning EU at school.
– developed dialogue in the Eastern partnership between EU and Moldova at the level of high school and vocational education;
– new trans-national and trans-European sharing of experience, results and good practices in learning EU at school;
– improved awareness of the EU by Moldovan high school and vocational education teachers and students;
– promoted intercultural dialogue and extended cooperation between EU and Moldova for better, safer and more prosperous Europe.
Partners: International University of Catalonia (Spain), University of Siena (Italy), University of Oradea (Romania), National School of Political Studies and Public Administration (Romania).
Budget: 39.051 €
Project Reference: 553107-EPP-1-2014-1-MD-EPPJMO-MODULE
Title: Fostering Eastern Partnership Cooperation by EU Public Management and EU Projects Management
Description: The proposal follows introduction of the module in EU public management and EU projects management in education and research in IRIM’s curriculum.
Objectives related to EU public management and EU projects management in education and research are:
– to stimulate teaching, research and reflection;
– to introduce these courses in the institutional curriculum;
– to engage professors who want to carry out teaching and research on European studies;
– to equip students with knowledge and competences to enhance their skills and improve their career prospects;
– to share in a partner country the EU practice in this field;
– to innovate cross-sectoral studies profile;
– to promote European dimension and values;
– to communicate, share and enhance the visibility of the action’s outputs to larger society;
– to create more interest in the EU at IRIM so that the institution to be a pole of European knowledge;
– to contribute to sustainable development of Moldovan education by sharing the EU experience.
– to teach 2 courses within the module: (1) the EU public management and (2) the EU projects management in education and research;
– to train circa 120 second cycle students during the lifetime of the project;
– to organise annual roundtable debates with about 90 students from IRIM and other universities;
– to organise annual Jean Monnet conferences with about 120 professors and researchers from IRIM and other universities;
– to publish annually at least 2 articles / papers on the module’s courses;
– to publish annually Jean Monnet conference books;
– to participate in dissemination, communication and information events.
– a greater academic and public awareness about European integration and public management practices;
– trainees with knowledge and competences in the field to improve their career prospects;
– active citizens promoting European public management and projects culture in international networking.
Budget: 30.000 €
Project Reference: 564589-EPP-1-2015-1-MD-EPPJMO-MODULE
Title: Europeanization of University Curricula
Description: The project strives to deepening teaching, research and reflection in EU subjects for Europeanization of university curricula at International Relations Institute of Moldova.
For this reason, the following objectives are set: to mainstream and diversify EU subjects in the university curricula; to stimulate teaching, research and reflection in EU subjects; to engage new professors to carry out EU academic activities; to equip students with knowledge and skills in EU subjects; to innovate cross-sectoral studies profile with EU subjects for more disciplines; to promote European dimension and values in Moldovan education; to communicate, share and enhance the visibility of the action to larger public; to support IRIM to be a pole of EU knowledge; to contribute to sustainable development of Moldovan education by promoting excellence in teaching, research and reflection in EU studies.
Project activities focus to provide teaching of 2 module courses: (1) EU Institutional Law and (2) the Philosophy of European Integration; to train 180 first cycle students; to organise 3 roundtable debates with 90 students from IRIM, other Moldovan universities and colleges; to publish at least 6 articles / papers; to publish 2 textbooks; to organise 3 workshops for 60 Euroclub members; to disseminate project’s results at national and European levels.
The project impact envisages to increase interest in understanding the EU and promoting EU studies; to stimulate a greater academic and public awareness about EU subjects; to improve career prospects for beneficiaries in terms of competitiveness, employment and growth for successful labour market integration in moving freely for job purposes and further learning opportunities; to stimulate IRIM in becoming a multiplier of EU knowledge; to enhance and extend professors participation from more departments in EU teaching, research and reflection to promote and diversify EU studies; to contribute to Europeanization of the society.
Budget: 30.000 €